1942: Rex A. Turner, Sr., Leonard Johnson, and Joe Greer became co-founders of Montgomery Bible School in Montgomery, Alabama.
1954: The name of the school was changed to Alabama Christian College.
1967: The new corporation was formed under the name Alabama Christian School of Religion.
1974: Moved to new facilities jointly purchased by Alabama Christian School of Religion and the Landmark Church of Christ in Montgomery, AL.
1985: Board of Regents made a commitment to seek accredited membership in the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
1987: Built a new campus in Montgomery, AL.
1989: Receives accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to grant degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s levels.
1991: The Board of Regents officially approved the change of the name of the institution to Southern Christian University.
1992: Expands curricula by adding the Doctor of Ministry degree and the distance-learning program.
1994: The University had fine-tuned its distance education program and as a result was one of fifteen institutions originally chosen in 1999 to serve in a groundbreaking pilot Distance Education Demonstration Program.
2002: Purchases 185 acres of land alongside Interstate 85, located 15 miles from the main campus to accommodate future growth.
2002: Selected by the U.S. Department of Education to help pilot the Distance Education Demonstration Program. http://www2.ed.gov/programs/disted/index.html
2003: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools approves Doctor of Philosophy in Family Therapy degree program
2005: Decadal reaffirmation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
2006: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools approves Associate of Arts degree program.
2006: Purchased additional land for the new campus, totaling 650 acres.
2008: The Board of Regents of Southern Christian University changed the institution’s name to Amridge University.