The focus of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – General Business will be on foundations of business operations providing students with the knowledge and skills necessary to help organizations be successful in today’s globally competitive environment. With knowledge gained from an integrated general education and business core program coupled with the business concentration courses, graduates will especially be prepared in the essential areas of economics, accounting, management, organizational communications, and marketing. With this preparation, graduates will be equipped with the knowledge to analyze and synthesize company data and other data elements in support of business operations critical to the success of the respective organization, business, or corporation. Graduates will especially be prepared to assume entry-level positions in the areas of business operations, management, customer service, purchasing, costs estimation, finances, and marketing as well as the positions of adjusters, public relations specialists, buyers, compensation and benefits specialists, and other similar positions.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – General Business, the graduate will be able to:
These outcomes are assessed in the following course. A student may demonstrate achievement of these outcomes by receiving a passing grade in the course and on the Program Exit Exam administered in the following capstone course:
BS 4458 – e-Portfolio in General Business Administration
The Course Requirements of 128 semester credit hours for the degree program Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – General Business includes general education courses (40 semester hours), program specific courses (56 semester hours), elective courses (28 semester hours), and a capstone course (4 semester hours).
Graduation Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – General Business
Before being graduated with the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – General Business, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Complete at least 128 semester hours of which at least 40 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
2. Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
3. Pass the program capstone course and the Program Exit Examination that is given as part of the capstone course;
4. Pass the General Competency Test (GCT);
5. Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher; and
6. Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.