The focus of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Communication is on information communication and interaction. Students successfully completing this program will be able to enter business careers in areas where people and information come together to help provide their respective company or organization with a grounded competitive advantage. With knowledge gained from an integrated general education and business core program coupled with the information communication concentration courses, graduates will especially be prepared in the essential areas of communications; effective communication via the web and email; other technology-enhanced communication systems; the analysis and organization of information; and project collaboration locally and via distance using leading-edge technologies. Graduates of this program will be prepared to enter the workforce at entry levels in a broad spectrum of business-based positions or areas including technical communications specialists, technical writers, editors, public relations, marketing, web content specialists, customer relations management (CRM), information management, and other management and human interaction areas where effective communication is critical to the success of the respective organization, business, or corporation.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Communication, the graduate will be able to:
These outcomes are assessed in the following course. A student may demonstrate achievement of these outcomes by receiving a passing grade in the course and on the Program Exit Exam administered in the following capstone course:
BS 4458 – e-Portfolio in General Business Administration
The Course Requirements of 128 semester credit hours for the degree program Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Communication includes general education courses (40 semester hours), program specific courses (56 semester hours), elective courses (28 semester hours), and a capstone course (4 semester hours).
Graduation Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Communication
Before being graduated with the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Communication, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Complete at least 128 semester hours of which at least 40 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
2. Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
3. Pass the program capstone course and the Program Exit Examination that is given as part of the capstone course;
4. Pass the General Competency Test (GCT);
5. Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher; and
6. Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.