The focus of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Systems Management ranges from working with computer workstations, networks, intranets, the Internet, and training employees how to use these systems for the establishment of web servers and maintenance and security of Internet and Intranet systems. With knowledge gained from an integrated general education and business core program coupled with the business information services concentration courses, graduates will especially be prepared in the essential areas of information systems security, network systems, data communications systems, wireless technologies, voice-over-IP systems, training and development in information services, web design, applications management, and collaboration technologies in areas where business information services are critical to the success of the respective organization, business, or corporation. Graduates will especially be prepared to assume positions in information technology, technical support and training, data communications specialists or analysts, management of information technology systems and services, database specialists, and internal and external customer service technology operations positions.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration — Information Systems Management, the graduate will be able to:
These outcomes are assessed in the following course. A student may demonstrate achievement of these outcomes by receiving a passing grade in the course and on the Program Exit Exam administered in the following capstone course:
BS 4458 – e-Portfolio in General Business Administration
The Course Requirements of 128 semester credit hours for the degree program Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Systems Management includes general education courses (40 semester hours), program specific courses (56 semester hours), elective courses (28 semester hours), and a capstone course (4 semester hours).
Graduation Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Systems Management
Before being graduated with the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Information Systems Management, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Complete at least 128 semester hours of which at least 40 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
2. Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
3. Pass the program capstone course and the Program Exit Examination that is given as part of the capstone course;
4. Pass the General Competency Test (GCT);
5. Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher; and
6. Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.