The Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies is a unique program that provides students with opportunities to complete their college degree and provides a solid academic foundation to prepare them for advanced studies such as the Master of Arts, Master of Science, and Master of Divinity degrees offered by Amridge University. Through a combination of traditional academic course work, life experiences, portfolio development, transfer of prior military course work, and credit by challenge examinations, students are guided through a learning process that culminates with the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies (128 semester hours). In addition to providing students with a solid academic foundation for advanced degree work, the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies degree will be a valuable asset in career enhancement and growth opportunities. This program also serves as a foundation for graduate-level degrees in Organizational Leadership and Management, Pastoral Counseling, Ministerial Leadership, Professional Counseling, and Marriage and Family Therapy degrees offered by Amridge University.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies program, the graduate will be able to:
These outcomes are assessed in the following course. A student may demonstrate achievement of these outcomes by receiving a passing grade in the course and on the Program Exit Exam administered in the following capstone course:
EH 4416 – Literature of the Americas
The Course Requirements of 128 semester credit hours for the degree program Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies includes general education courses (40 semester hours), program specific courses (36 semester hours), elective courses (48 semester hours), and a capstone course (4 semester hours).
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN LIBERAL STUDIES
Before being graduated with the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Complete at least 128 semester hours of which at least 40 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
2. Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
3. Pass the program capstone course and the Program Exit Examination that is given as part of the capstone course;
4. Pass the General Competency Test (GCT);
5. Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher; and
6. Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.