The Bachelor of Science in Ministry/Bible is a comprehensive professional program with a practitioner’s focus to prepare students for service in the church as pulpit ministers, elders, deacons, missionaries, and Bible teachers. Also, this program helps prepare students for allied Christian leadership positions in youth services or as ministers of education at large congregations or chaplains in hospitals, the armed forces, universities, and correctional institutions. This program also provides a solid foundation for students who wish to pursue advanced degrees in religious studies such as the Master of Science degrees in Ministry, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Ministerial Leadership, all of which are offered by Amridge University.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Ministry/ Bible program, the graduate will be able to:
These outcomes are assessed in the following course. A student may demonstrate achievement of these outcomes by passing the Program Exit Examination administered in the following capstone course:
FD 3401 – Hermeneutics
The Course Requirements of 128 semester credit hours for the degree program Bachelor of Science in Ministry/Bible includes general education courses (40 semester hours), program specific courses (36 semester hours), elective courses (48 semester hours), and a capstone course (4 semester hours).
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MINISTRY/BIBLE
Before being graduated with the Bachelor of Science in Ministry/Bible, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Complete at least 128 semester hours of which at least 40 semester hours must be taken at Amridge University;
2. Complete all required coursework for the respective degree;
3. Pass the program capstone course and the Program Exit Examination that is given as part of the capstone course;
4. Pass the General Competency Test (GCT);
5. Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher; and
6. Complete an Amridge University Degree Completion Application. The properly completed and signed application must be submitted no later than the first day of classes of the semester prior to the semester the student plans to graduate. Following this schedule permits the University to conduct a full audit of the respective student’s records to make sure that all courses, programs, and respective graduation requirements have been met. Students having any questions regarding the Degree Completion Application should contact the Registrar’s Office.